Sunday, September 15, 2013

Glorious Flowers

I adore flowers.  Each year I try new plants and this year, I discovered the humble marigold is stunning in this airy variety, adding a lovely height and texture among the shorter assorted flowers on my front steps.  


An end-of-the-season $4 six-pack of wave petunias overflows this pot in the back yard.  Flowers + good deal = happiness!

Isn't the color of this geranium charming?!


Gorgeous red-orange echinacea. 

A new flower opening...















After growing Morning Glories for a few years, we find them growing everywhere.  They quickly take over and stifle other plants if we don't keep on top of them.  The true color is a deep violet, but I can't seem to capture it.


This sunflower variety grew 10-12 feet tall.  With so many flowers per stalk, they soon bowed over.  I'm a little disappointed, though, with their short bloom cycle.  Not a good choice for a front yard flower, but their too soon dead-looking silhouette would be kinda cool along the back fence line.  


Zinnias!  So much delight from one seed packet.  Seeds in perpetuity.  Joyfulness...









This orange one is a fav...



Keep an eye out for creepy crawlers...



Black-eyed Susans.


Impatiens in the shady corner of my front steps.

Oh, look!  A Batgirl!

Candy-striped verbenum.

White geranium.


No comments:

Post a Comment